Science & Technology has Always Been a Torchbearer of Development for Human Civilization.It has undoubtedly made Life of Homo-sapiens easier With Continuous Development.The Quests led by Inquisitive Mankind have transcended barriers beyond Outer Space.Rapid Development in Science & Technology is a Perpetual Update that everyone needs to know to Keep himself Aware of Immediate Present & Imminent Future.Science & technology Current Affairs are Chronologically Listed[Most Recent at The Top]below:
- NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) of the United States and the ESA (European Space Agency) sent Solar Orbiter using Atlas V Rocket. Solar Orbiter (sun studying spacecraft) will provide images of the sun’s north and south poles
- ISRO launches Bhuvan Panchayat V 3.0 Web portal for database visualization, data analytics, generation of automatic reports, model based products and services for the benefit of Gram Panchayat members and other stake holders. The targeted audience for this portal are Public, PRIs and different stakeholders belonging to the gram panchayats. Space based Information Support for Decentralised Planning at Panchyayat level (SIS-DP) is a national initiative of preparing basic spatial layers useful in planning process at grassroot levels as per 73rd, 74th constitutional amendment of local self governance.
- The East Coast Railway (ECoR) zone of the Railway Ministry has opened the first waste-to-energy plant in the city of Bhubaneswar based on POLYCRACK, world’s first patented heterogeneous catalytic process which converts multiple feed stocks into hydrocarbon liquid fuels, gas, carbon and water.
- India’s first Super Fab Lab was inaugurated at the Integrated Startup Complex(ISC) of the Kerala Startup Mission (KSUM).Fab Labs was set up by Dr Neil Gershenfeld, the Director of MIT Centre for Bits and Atoms, in the US around 17 years ago.Fab Labs are fabrication laboratories that offer digital fabrication and computation.
5. ISRO unveiled its first ‘woman’ astronaut or half-humanoid robot, named Vyom Mitra who will ride to space in the first test flight of the Gaganyaan Mission. Vyom Mitra means friend of sky in sanskrit can speak 2 Languages Hindi or English.
6. Ministry of Earth Science has launched Seismic Hazard Microzonation project in major cities of India. The project aims to reduce hazards of earthquake effects, Seismic microzonation is the first step in earthquake risk mitigation study and requires multidisciplinary approach with major contributions from the fields of geology, seismology, geophysics, geo-technical and structural engineering.
7. India’s telecommunication satellite GSAT-30 was successfully launched into a Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit (GTO) on January 17, 2020 from Kourou launch base, French Guiana by Ariane-5 VA-251.
8. Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) initiated ‘Project NETRA’ – an early warning indigenous space situational awareness (SSA) system to detect debris and other hazards to Indian satellites.
9. The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and National Physical Laboratory (NPL) developed an ink based on fluorescence-phosphorescence technique, which emits two colours on the excitation of a single wavelength to combat the problem of fake printing of currency notes and passports.
10. China-Brazil Earth Resource Satellite-4A (CBERS-4A), a new satellite jointly developed by China and Brazil was sent using Long March-4B carrier from Taiyuan Satellite Launch Center in Shanxi Province of China.Ethiopia also launched its first satellite, ‘Ethiopian Remote Sensing Satellite’ (ETRSS) from China.
11. The study of DBT and NII have found that women having chickenpox infection transmit the DNA of the disease-causing virus to their babies during pregnancy, thus stimulating their immunity against the infection and protecting them.
12.GIMS is the instant messaging platform for Government communication which is designed and developed by Kerala unit of National Informatics Centre (NIC). GIMS platform provides GIMS mobile client for instant messaging and GIMS Portal for administration and monitoring of platform.
13. ‘StrandHogg’ Android Vulnerability allows sophisticated malware attacks without the need for a device to be rooted to the Android operating system.
14. Haryana Police has adopted a unique barcoding software — Trakea — to safeguard thousands of forensic reports that form the backbone of the criminal investigation system and subsequent trials in the courts of law. Haryana Police claims it is the country’s first police force to have introduced this unique barcoding for forensic reports.